Personal Injury Attorneys in Columbus
Put 150+ Years of Combined Experience on Your Side
Personal injury is an area of law concerning any physical injury, pain and suffering, or property damages resulting from accidents or harm that is caused by a third party's carelessness or misconduct. If someone fails to exercise reasonable care for the safety of themselves and others, then they can be held accountable for the damages their negligence causes.
Why Hire Our Firm?
- You speak to an attorney. We won't pass you off to a legal assistant or paralegal.
- We have the resources and experience to aggressively pursue compensation, as well as handle even the most complicated cases.
- We treat small and large cases the exact same way.
- Our lawyers give each of our clients 100 percent of our attention and effort.
At Rourke & Blumenthal LLC, our experienced attorneys are prepared to handle virtually any type of personal injury claim. No case is too large or complex for our lawyers to handle. Our award-winning team is ready to help you assert your legal rights after an accident, so do not hesitate to reach out and find out how we can help you.
Whatever your injury, our team is ready to provide you with the services you need to recover fair compensation from the responsible parties. Our firm stands apart in its experience, its record of success, and its quality of service.
How Will a Personal Injury Claim Help Me?
A personal injury claim aims to recover monetary compensation to repay you for your troubles as well as the medical expenses you incurred due to your injuries.
The person responsible for the accident is liable for damages caused by their actions, including:
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Property repair
- Emotional damage
Beyond seeking financial compensation for what happened to you, a personal injury claim will afford you some peace of mind that you might not have been able to find otherwise. Knowing that you are taking the first steps toward your own recovery is a powerful and relieving feeling that becomes even more beneficial when you take those first steps with a trusted Columbus personal injury lawyer from our firm. Our goal is to make the entire process of filing a claim as easy as possible for you.
We would be happy to help you with all phases of your injury claim or lawsuit, such as:
- Assessing and evaluating your damages.
- Reviewing your insurance policy.
- Filing your injury claim with the appropriate parties.
- Taking matters to court if necessary.
Unique Forms of Personal Injury Cases
Not every personal injury claim is going to be as straightforward as it appears on the surface. Sometimes, matters become more complicated due to unforeseen consequences or the sheer scale of the problem that caused your injuries. If you should find yourself confronted with one of the following unique forms of claims, know that we are capable of providing the advanced and compassionate legal representation you require, expect, and deserve.
We can handle the following types of claims:
- Wrongful death: In the event that an accident or incident has caused the death of your loved one, you can still file a personal injury claim, known as a wrongful death lawsuit. You will be suing the liable party for monies to cover funeral and burial expenses, wages that the decedent should have earned had the accident never occurred, and for your own loss of companionship and emotional trauma.
- Class action: When a large group of people have been hurt by one source, a class action may be filed to expedite the legal and litigation process. In a class action, the plaintiffs are represented as one group by one team of attorneys in just one trial. The verdict reached by the end of the case is accepted and applied to all plaintiffs at once. Catastrophic events, such as a plane or train crash, are examples of when a class action would be filed.
- Mass tort: A mass tort is similar to a class action in that it seeks to move many plaintiffs through the legal system quickly. It is unique, however, in the way that once the initial mass tort is approved by a federal court, each plaintiff will have their case sent back to their respective local courts for further review. Additional evidence specific to each plaintiff may be required to win their unique case. If many consumers were harmed by a defect in a dangerous product, for example, a mass tort would be necessary.
Get Started on Your Case Today!
At Rourke & Blumenthal LLC, we examine each case carefully to understand your unique needs and concerns. Our lawyers fight to obtain the maximum recovery that you deserve so that you might have every opportunity for a full and speedy recovery. When you are looking for legal assistance in recovering compensation for injuries, turn to a legal team with more than 150 years of combined experience and numerous achievements—including many successful verdicts and settlements—demonstrating our skills.
If you have suffered injuries because of another person’s negligence, we want to help you fight for the compensation you need and deserve. Find out how much your personal injury or wrongful death claim could be worth, and discover how we can help you protect your rights to recover fair compensation. There are time limits to file personal injury claims. In Ohio, a person has two years from the date of the accident to take a case to court, otherwise, they will give up their right to recover compensation. Time has already started ticking, so get started as soon as possible.
Although your personal injury claim may seem like a matter reserved for the courtroom, it actually begins the moment you are in an accident. In every case—including motorcycle, truck, and vehicle accidents claims, as well as complex medical negligence claims—there are always a few steps you should take to ensure that you are doing all you can to strengthen your chances of securing maximum compensation later on.
Always do the following if you were hurt in a preventable accident due to someone else's negligence:
- Contact emergency responders, including the police, if you think anyone has been hurt. Check on all passengers in a vehicle collision.
- Photograph the scene. In a premises liability case where there were no witnesses, your pictures might be your best evidence.
- Collect identifying and insurance information from everyone involved, including the manufacturer name in product liability cases.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible if you did not require emergency aid. You may have an underlying injury and not know it.
- Call an attorney. The sooner you get legal help, the stronger your case. You should also assume that the liable party has done the same.
Contact Our Firm Today at (614) 321-3212 to Schedule Your Free Consultation and Learn How Our Award-Winning Attorneys Can Help You.
“Our family is immensely grateful to have been represented by Michael Rourke”- D'Arcy
“Mike Rourke Jr. was very professional.”- Heidi
“I could not have asked for better people to work with. They were very understanding, patient, and compassionate.”- Abby J
AV® Rated - Top Rating for Ethics and Legal Skill
Attorneys Who Have Been Included in Ohio Super Lawyers®
We are Able to Handle Complex Cases that Other Lawyers Can't
Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
Evening & Weekend Appointments - We Will Come to You
We Don't Get Paid Unless We Recover Money for You