Premises Liability Attorneys In Columbus
You Pay No Fees Unless We Win Compensation for You
When many people hear "premises liability," they think of slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall incidents that lead to injury. Under Ohio law a property owner in these scenarios may be held liable if it can be proven that they failed to mitigate and/or warn of a “latent hazard,” i.e. something that is not readily open and obvious, that caused a person to suffer injuries and damages.
While slip/trip and falls are common situations that can give rise to a premises liability case, they are not the only type of injuries that that can occur on someone else's property. Dog bites, swimming pool accidents, elevator malfunctions, and negligent security situations may also provide the basis for a lawsuit for an injured victim to recover.
What To Do In a Premises Liability Scenario
- Report the incident to the property owner or manager. Make sure that you request an incident report or police report, if one is available
- Get medical attention. Be sure that you comply with your doctor's directions and do not miss appointments
- If possible, take pictures of the scene and the surrounding areas. If you slipped on a puddle or tripped over debris, documentation of the conditions at the time of the incident can be of critical importance during a case.
- Get witness information, including their names, phone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.
- Request any security camera footage of the accident if available.
If you or someone close to you has suffered an injury on someone else’s property in Ohio, a premises liability attorney from our firm can help determine if you have a viable cause of action, and can represent you throughout the entirety of your case to ensure you receive a successful outcome. Many of these cases are subject to Ohio’s two year statute of limitations deadline during which a claim must be resolved or filed in court. As such, it is important to move quickly to protect your rights to due compensation.
Our team has more than 150 years of combined legal experience and will work hard to ensure your rights are protected. We utilize some of the best liability and damages experts in the country, and consider your future when determining a plan of action for each individual case. We have successfully resolved many premises liability cases, with numerous six- and seven- figure awards obtained for those seriously injured in these scenarios.
Recovering from an injury is already traumatizing and painful. Resolving a premises liability case shouldn't be, which is why we are here to help.
“Mike Rourke Jr. was very professional.”- Heidi
“I could not have asked for better people to work with. They were very understanding, patient, and compassionate.”- Abby J
“They displayed outstanding expertise in representing me throughout the process.”- Tom C.
AV® Rated - Top Rating for Ethics and Legal Skill
Attorneys Who Have Been Included in Ohio Super Lawyers®
We are Able to Handle Complex Cases that Other Lawyers Can't
Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
Evening & Weekend Appointments - We Will Come to You
We Don't Get Paid Unless We Recover Money for You