Jonathan R. Stoudt joined Rourke and Blumenthal in 2008. His practice is focused on litigating personal injury and wrongful death cases, including those arising from medical negligence, defective products, automobile and trucking accidents. He has secured numerous six- and seven- figure awards on behalf of his clients, and has been selected as an Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star, a peer designation awarded to only to a select number of accomplished attorneys in the state, every year since 2018. He has significant experience in appellate practice as well, having briefed and argued cases before the Ohio Supreme Court and multiple appeals courts throughout Ohio. As a member of the Ohio Association for Justice Amicus Committee, he has submitted numerous appellate briefs on behalf of the OAJ in cases before the Ohio Supreme Court that have broad implications for injured victims of negligence and medical malpractice in Ohio.
Jonathan grew up in a small rural community in Northeast Ohio before moving to Columbus to attend The Ohio State University, graduating with a degree in Business Administration in 2005. He went on to attend the OSU Moritz College of Law before obtaining his Juris Doctorate in 2008. While in law school, he was an Associate Editor of The Ohio State Law Journal and received the CALI Award of Excellence in Appellate Advocacy, while also serving a judicial extern in the chambers of Justice Paul Pfiefer of the Ohio Supreme Court.
Jonathan lives in Bexley, Ohio with his wife Meredith and their two young children, Sidney and Willa.
- Juris Doctor - OSU Mortiz College of Law, Columbus, Ohio, 2008
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - OSU Fisher College of Business, Columbus, Ohio, 2005
Areas of Practice
- Ohio, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2009
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2012
Awards & Honors
- Super Lawyers (Rising Stars) - 2014, 2018 - 2023
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association
- The American Association for Justice
- Ohio Association of Justice
- Columbus Bar Association
- Paralegal is Kendra Dimmerling. Feel free to contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org