Rob is a partner at Rourke & Blumenthal. He received his undergraduate degree from Wittenberg University in 1997. He is a 2000 graduate of the Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law and has been practicing in Ohio since graduating.
Rob began his career defending cases in medical malpractice, intentional tort, and products liability. He joined Ken and Mike to begin Rourke & Blumenthal in 2002. Since then, Rob has successfully represented injured plaintiffs in a variety of cases including wrongful death, products liability, medical malpractice, insurance bad faith, personal injury, legal malpractice, and accounting malpractice. On behalf of his clients, he has received a number of verdicts and settlements in excess of one million dollars. He has served as a guest lecturer for the Capital University Law School Trial Advocacy Program and as a judge at the Ohio State University Moritz College of Law Appellate Competition. He has twice served as the Product Liability Chair for the Ohio Association of Justice, and he spent four years serving on the Columbus Bar Association Professional Ethics Committee.
Rob is a contributing author to the book, Product Liability Depositions, published by Juris Publishing. He has been selected by his peers to the Ohio Super Lawyers® list from 2015-2019, which places him in the top 5 percent of attorneys in Ohio. In 2007, 2009, and from 2011-2014, he was named to the Ohio Rising Stars® list. He has also been named to Best Lawyers in America® and was named a Top 40 under 40 trial attorney.
Rob and his wife Beth live in Columbus, Ohio with their three children and their Chocolate Lab, Penn. When not working, Team Miller is usually Ubering children to high school, middle school and youth sporting events where they then sit for many hours. Their oft repeated and practiced family motto "Go with flow, " has thus far served them well during these challenging times. Rob is also involved in the Upper Arlington Youth Football program, where he has coached and= served as League Commissioner.
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- Wittenberg University, 1997
Areas of Practice
- 40% Product Liability
- 30% Medical Malpractice
- 30% Personal Injury
- Ohio, 2000
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2005
- Contributor to Product Liability Depositions, Juris Publising, 2000-06
- Howard v. Jet Corr Classic, Inc., 2006 WL 255051 (Second District 2006)
- Carter v. Gen. Cas. Co. of Wisconsin, 2006 WL 438923 (Fifth District 2006)
Honors & Awards:
- Super Lawyers® (Product Liability), 2019
Professional Associations & Memberships
- The American Association for Justice, 2002 – Present, Member
- Ohio Association of Justice, 2002 – Present, Member
- Franklin County Trial Lawyers Association, 2002 – Present, Member
- Columbus Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Lane, Alton & Horst, Associate, 2000 – 2002