Recognized as a Top Injury Lawyer in Ohio
After graduating summa cum laude with distinction from The Ohio State University in 1978, Mike went on to further his education at Harvard Law School. From there, he graduated cum laude in 1981 and has since been practicing law in Ohio, along with various other states, in multiple areas of complex personal injury litigation.
Today, Mike focuses his efforts on handling serious and catastrophic injury cases.
His success is extensive, extending to cases of all kinds, including:
You can learn more about some of his greatest achievements on behalf of our clients on our verdicts and settlements page. Additionally, Mike is also a victorious advocate for those suffering from traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries. His dedication to helping these individuals achieve great things in spite of their impairments is undeniable.
Named inBest Lawyers in America® since 2002
Mike has achieved recognition as one of the top injury lawyers in Ohio and the country, including being named a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, which is one of the premier legal associations in America, where exclusive membership is extended by invitation only to experienced and accomplished trial lawyers. He has regularly been honored by Super Lawyers® and Columbus CEO as one of the best attorneys in the state of Ohio in personal injury, medical malpractice, and product liability litigation. Mike was named the 2010 Lawyer of the Year in the field of Medical Malpractice by Business First, he has been named in Best Lawyers in America® since 2002, he was named as one of the Top 50 Lawyers in Columbus by Columbus Monthly, and he has been a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum® and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum® since 1991.
Experience You Can Trust
Mike’s professional experience is vast and includes time spent as an adjunct assistant professor at The Ohio State University Law School and authorship of the Investigation of Physical Evidence chapter of Personal Injury Litigation in Ohio, published by the Ohio Legal Center Institute. Mike has been asked to speak at a number of different seminars and has also served as a guest lecturer at Product Liability, Medical Malpractice, and Trial Advocacy courses at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Capital University Law School, and Ohio Northern University Law School.
Attorney Michael Rourke has the experience and skill necessary to successfully handle even the toughest personal injury case. If you've been injured, contact our firm today to begin discussing your case with a free consultation.
Bachelor of Arts
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 1978
- Honors: Summa cum laude
Honors & Awards
- Columbus Top Lawyers, 2000 – Present
- Ohio’s Top Lawyers, 2000 – Present
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, 1991 – Present
- Top 50 Lawyers in Columbus by Columbus Monthly & Ohio Super Lawyers®, 2006 – Present
- Lawyer of the Year in Central Ohio in the field of Medical Malpractice 2010, 2012 by Best Lawyers in America®
- Best Lawyers in America®, 2002 – Present
- Super Lawyers, 2002 – Present
- Super Lawyers Top 100 Attorneys (Ohio), 2019
- Super Lawyers Top 50 Attorneys (Columbus), 2019
- American College of Trial Lawyers -- 2013
- Ohio, 1981
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1988
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2012
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2012
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Association for Justice, 1987 – Present, Member
- American Association for Justice Leader Forum, 2008 – Present, Member
- American Bar Association, 1981 – Present, Member
- Ohio Association for Justice, 1987 – Present, Board Member
- Ohio Association for Justice Leader Forum, 2010 – Present
- Ohio Bar Association, 1981 – Present, Member
- Columbus Bar Association, 1981 – Present, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Porter, Wright, Morris & Arthur, Associate, 1981 – 1987
- Lamkin, Van Eman, Trimble, Beals & Rourke, 1987 – 2002
- Personal Injury In Ohio, Ohio Legal Center Institute, 1984
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Ohio State Law School, 1984 – 1987
Medical Malpractice, Products Liability, Trial Practice, Ohio Association of Trial Lawyers