Recognized as One of the Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Ohio
Mike grew up in Ohio and from an early age aspired to help others by protecting their legal rights. These childhood dreams have been achieved and more. Mike has successfully recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for individuals and families in a wide variety of personal injury cases. He has tried well over 100 jury trials and achieved successful verdicts in dozens of counties throughout Ohio. His skills at managing complex injury cases including medical malpractice, truck and car litigation, and product liability have been recognized by his peers as placing him among the best trial lawyers in Ohio.
After graduating summa cum laude with distinction from The Ohio State University in 1978, Mike went on to further his education at Harvard Law School where he graduated cum laude in 1981. Since then, Mike has been practicing law in Ohio, and in other states, in multiple areas of complex personal injury litigation. Mike started his legal career at one of the largest firms in Columbus and was involved in all forms of complex personal injury and business litigation. In 1987, Mike joined a top plaintiff’s personal injury firm taking over as one of the lead trial lawyers at that firm. In 2002, Mike, along with Ken Blumenthal, founded Rourke & Blumenthal which has become known as one of the most successful plaintiffs’ personal injury firms in Ohio.
Today, Mike focuses his efforts on handling serious and catastrophic injury cases.
His success is extensive, extending to cases of all kinds, including:
You can learn more about some of his greatest achievements on behalf of our clients on our verdicts and settlements page. Additionally, Mike is also a victorious advocate for those suffering from traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries. His dedication to helping these individuals achieve great things in spite of their impairments is undeniable.
Named in Best Lawyers in America® since 2002
Mike has achieved recognition as one of the top injury lawyers in Ohio and the country, including being named a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, which is one of the premier legal associations in America, where exclusive membership is extended by invitation only to experienced and accomplished trial lawyers. He has regularly been honored by Super Lawyers®, Best Lawyers in America®, Columbus Monthly and Columbus CEO as one of the best attorneys in the state of Ohio in personal injury, medical malpractice, and product liability litigation.
Experience You Can Trust
Mike’s professional experience is vast and includes time spent as an adjunct assistant professor at The Ohio State University Law School and authorship of the Investigation of Physical Evidence chapter of Personal Injury Litigation in Ohio, published by the Ohio Legal Center Institute. Mike has been asked to speak at a number of different seminars and has also served as a guest lecturer at Product Liability, Medical Malpractice, and Trial Advocacy courses at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Capital University Law School, and Ohio Northern University Law School.
Mike and his wife Rachel live in German Village with their 3 dogs. They enjoy all types of outdoor activities, travel, and watching the growth and successes of Mike’s 3 adult children.
Attorney Michael Rourke has the experience and skill necessary to successfully handle even the toughest personal injury case. If you've been injured, contact our firm today to begin discussing your case with a free consultation.
Bachelor of Arts
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 1978
- Honors: Summa cum laude
Honors & Awards
- Columbus Top Lawyers, 2000 – Present
- Ohio’s Top Lawyers, 2000 – Present
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, 1991 – Present
- Top 50 Lawyers in Columbus by Columbus Monthly & Ohio Super Lawyers®, 2006 – Present
- Lawyer of the Year in Central Ohio in the field of Medical Malpractice 2010, 2012, 2022 by Best Lawyers in America®
- Best Lawyers in America®, 2002 – Present
- Super Lawyers, 2002 – Present
- Super Lawyers Top 100 Attorneys (Ohio), 2019 - Present
- Super Lawyers Top 50 Attorneys (Columbus), 2019 – Present
- American College of Trial Lawyers – 2013 – Present
- American Board of Trial Advocates – 2021 – Present
- International Society of Barristers – 2022 – Present
- Ohio, 1981
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1988
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2012
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2012
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Association for Justice, 1987 – Present, Member
- American Association for Justice Leader Forum, 2008 – Present, Member
- American Bar Association, 1981 – Present, Member
- Ohio Association for Justice, 1987 – Present, Board Member
- Ohio Association for Justice Leader Forum, 2010 – Present
- Ohio Bar Association, 1981 – Present, Member
- Columbus Bar Association, 1981 – Present, Member
- Personal Injury In Ohio, Ohio Legal Center Institute, 1984
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Ohio State Law School, 1984 – 1987
Medical Malpractice, Products Liability, Trial Practice, Ohio Association of Trial Lawyers