Product Liability Lawyers in Columbus
Injured by a Defective Product? Call (614) 321-3212.
Products that are available for purchase in the United States are expected to be safe for use. Unfortunately, from time to time, product designers and manufacturers cut costs to increase profits, and in so doing sacrifice the safety of their product. In such circumstances, the end consumers can and often do end up suffering severe and sometimes catastrophic injuries.
The experienced attorneys of Rourke & Blumenthal LLC understand how the devastating injuries caused by defective products can impact a family. We are dedicated to helping those who have been injured by the negligence of a product designer or manufacturer, as well as enhancing public safety by ensuring that these parties are held responsible for the harm they have caused.
Types of Product Liability Claims
Design defects - Errors made by a product’s designer that result in the product being defective when it is manufactured as specified and used as it was intended. An example would be a zero radius turn riding lawn mower that is designed without rollover protection to secure the operator in the event of a roll over.
Manufacturing defects - Errors that occur during the process of manufacturing a product that lead to it becoming unsafe to use. For example, upon microscopic evaluation, the metal used for a car jack was porous due to a defect in the metal forging process that made it unable to withstand the weight of an automobile.
Inadequate instructions or warnings - Instructions for the proper use of a product should be provided to consumers, as well as warnings about the potential harm that could occur if the product is used improperly. Failure to provide proper instructions or warnings could result in a product’s manufacturer being liable for injuries caused by the product. For instance, known side effects to pharmaceuticals that can result in substantial harm to patients should be communicated in the product materials.
Common Defective Products That Cause Injury
Unfortunately, a wide variety of defective products are regularly sold to consumers in the United States. This includes, but is not limited to:
- ZTR mowers - Each year dozens of news stories appear around the country about people who have suffered serious injury or death from the rollover of a ZTR mowers. All ZTR mowers, regardless of size, can rollover. All ZTR mowers, regardless of size, are known to cause serious injury and death when they roll over. As such, all ZTR mowers should be equipped with a roll bar and seatbelt as standard equipment. Any ZTR mower that does not come equipped with a roll bar and seatbelt is defective.
- Children’s products - Children are especially vulnerable to harm, and products intended for their use must meet strict safety standards. All too often products such as cribs, playpens, car seats and other items, present choking hazards or can otherwise cause serious injuries to children.
- Household items - Defective appliances, furniture, decorations, cleaning supplies or clothing can present a serious risk to a family’s safety.
- Auto parts - Motor vehicles incorporate hundreds of part and systems, and the failure of just one of these parts can lead to catastrophic, life-threatening accidents.
- Tools and machinery - Defective tools and equipment can lead to serious construction site accidents, as well as injuries to those who purchase these items for their own personal use around the home.
- Medical devices - Defects in the equipment used by doctor, nurses, or hospital staff, or in the implants and devices meant to address certain conditions can cause irreparable harm to patients.
- Dangerous pharmaceutical drugs - Prescription and over-the-counter drugs often have undisclosed health risks, such as dangerous side effects or interactions with other medications.
- Food products - Contamination during the manufacturing or packaging process can result in serious cases of food poisoning.
The attorneys at Rourke and Blumenthal LLC know what it takes to prove liability for injuries caused by defective products, and we work to achieve justice for those who have been injured by the negligence of product designers and manufacturers.
Contact our firm and speak directly to one of our attorneys about your product liability claim at 614-371-6330.
“Mr. Rourke certainly lived up to his outstanding reputation.”- Joel
“I would hire him again.”- Anonymous
“Mike and Jon were absolutely OUTSTANDING to work with”- Jen F.
AV® Rated - Top Rating for Ethics and Legal Skill
Attorneys Who Have Been Included in Ohio Super Lawyers®
We are Able to Handle Complex Cases that Other Lawyers Can't
Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
Evening & Weekend Appointments - We Will Come to You
We Don't Get Paid Unless We Recover Money for You