Birth Injury Attorneys in Columbus
Providing Compassionate & Dedicated Representation
Few if any events in people’s lives create more joy than the birth of a child. Unfortunately, this joy sometimes changes to sorrow, pain, and a lifetime of special needs and disabilities as the result of trauma during birth. While sometimes unavoidable, sadly, many forms of birth trauma such as brain injuries and paralysis are avoidable, but they can occur due to errors on the part of healthcare professionals.
These errors can include:
- Failure to recognize and respond to decreased oxygen or blood supply to the baby during labor and delivery
- Medication errors
- Misuse of surgical tools
- Improper use of forceps or suction
- Delayed C-section
- Failure to diagnose fetal distress
Our Birth Injury Verdicts & Settlements
Regarded as one of Ohio’s top medical negligence law firms, our birth injury attorneys in Columbus have extensive experience handling all types of birth injury cases. These include cases ranging from brachial plexus injuries and Erb's palsy to hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy.
Some example of successful recoveries for clients include:
- Over $4,000,000 recovered for a child who suffered a hypoxic brain injury due to a delayed delivery
- $1,500,000 settlement for the death of a 2-year-old child who died after sustaining a severe brain injury during birth and developed cerebral palsy
- $1,400,000 for child who suffered brain injury from mismanaged labor
- $700,000 settlement to the parents of an infant who was improperly resuscitated by the hospital’s neonatologist
Why Work with Our Team?
The medical negligence attorneys at Rourke & Blumenthal LLC have helped numerous parents recover damages for children injured as a result of errors or mistakes by healthcare professionals. Our birth injury lawyers utilize the top experts in the country to determine whether errors occurred in the care provided during labor and delivery, as well as what injuries were sustained by the baby as a result of these errors.
Rourke & Blumenthal LLC works with physicians specializing in many areas, including:
- Pediatric development
- Life care planning
By working with medical experts, we can determine the special needs of the injured baby and outline what form of assistance and care the child will need now and in the future. The goal of Rourke & Blumenthal LLC in birth trauma cases is to recover what is needed to provide the best possible care to the injured child and to help him or her to have the highest quality of life possible.
“Outstanding Attorney, highly recommend!”- Jessie
“Mr. Rourke certainly lived up to his outstanding reputation.”- Joel
“I would hire him again.”- Anonymous
AV® Rated - Top Rating for Ethics and Legal Skill
Attorneys Who Have Been Included in Ohio Super Lawyers®
We are Able to Handle Complex Cases that Other Lawyers Can't
Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
Evening & Weekend Appointments - We Will Come to You
We Don't Get Paid Unless We Recover Money for You