Mike is deeply interested in the intersection of public interest and civil law. He focuses on representing injured cyclists, motorists, tenants, and consumers to navigate an often unfamiliar and daunting legal system.
Mike has achieved excellent results for clients and has received glowing reviews. Mike has been recognized as a Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers.
In addition to his practice as an injury attorney, Mike has served as a volunteer attorney assisting low-income tenants, taxpayers, and asylum seekers to overcome legal obstacles.
Outside of the office, Mike enjoys backpacking, reading, and playing a variety of musical instruments.
- Lewis and Clark Law School, Portland, OR, Class of 2014
- Recognition for “Outstanding Client Advocacy” for work at the Lewis and Clark Legal Clinic
- Honors in Legal Writing and Research
Bachelor of Arts
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, Class of 2011
- Graduated magna cum laude
Prior to joining Rourke & Blumenthal in 2014 as an injury lawyer, Mike Rourke, Jr. served as a summer clerk at the Legal Aid Society of Columbus and as a law clerk at Legal Aid Services in Portland, Oregon.
- Ohio 2014
- US District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2015
Professional Associations & Memberships
- The Ohio Bar Association
- The Columbus Bar Association
- The American Association for Justice
- The Ohio Association for Justice