Rourke and Blumenthal offers well over 75 years of combined experience
in dealing with the complex medical and legal issues involved in
medical malpractice, and
product liability litigation. This experience allows us to anticipate the many strategies and tactics
that will be employed by the defense.
A Network of Experts
Our Columbus personal injury firm maintains close relationships with the
country’s leading engineers, scientists, and doctors in order to
assist us in building the best possible case for our clients and aggressively
combating all defense tactics. Our nationwide network of expert witnesses
helps us obtain the maximum recovery for our clients.
Our Record of Success
The attorneys of Rourke and Blumenthal work extremely hard for their clients,
and are proud of their
proven record of success. We have won many significant trials on behalf of our clients, including:
- An $8.5 million jury verdict for a man who lost his hand in a machine due
to unsafe work conditions
- A $4.5 million verdict for a client that suffered an arm amputation due
to an employer’s removal of a safety guard, and
- A $3.1 million verdict for a client who suffered a closed head injury as
a result of a fall in unsafe conditions.
Although it has become increasingly difficult to pursue medical malpractice
cases in Ohio, Rourke and Blumenthal continues to obtain great results
for clients who have been significantly injured as a result of medical
negligence. Recent successes include:
- A $3.3 million dollar verdict in the Ohio Court of Claims, which is believed
to be the highest medical malpractice verdict ever in that court
- A $4.8 million settlement in a medical malpractice/wrongful death case
- A settlement in excess of $3.4 million, and
- A $2.7 million settlement for the death of a young child.
Other successes for clients include:
- A recent $7.4 million dollar settlement in a workplace accident case
- A $6.5 million settlement for ten people killed in an apartment arson fire
due to inadequate security
- A settlement in excess of $4.5 million for a family injured in a gas explosion, and
- A $3.1 million for the family of a woman who died as a result of a defective
Our attorneys strive to obtain great results for all of our clients, regardless of how
big or small the case is. We are very proud to say that our work has improved
the lives of our clients, increased public awareness and improved public safety.
Our Reputation: Why We Don’t Advertise
We don’t advertise on television or solicit injury victims by mail.
The majority of our clients come from referrals from other attorneys,
former clients or other members of the legal community. We believe that
this speaks volumes about our ability and reputation in the legal community.
Rourke and Blumenthal includes an attorney who was AV® Rated by
Martindale-Hubbell®* for the quality of our legal representation.
Contact the Columbus personal injury attorneys of Rourke and Blumenthal to
arrange a free consultation.
*CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties
Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures,
standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer
review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members
of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two
categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.